I’ve been away for a while. I know. I’m a bad person, I feel like I’ve been neglecting a close friend unnecessarily and as I write this I worry breathlessly that you are annoyed with my unexplained absence and reluctant to welcome me back. I worry that perhaps I’ve lost the blogging buzz entirely, and hope above all else that I’m not about to let my blog languish into disuse.
The cover story is that I wanted to hold off on posting until I’d broken into the 120s, to see if it might rekindle my fire. But if I said that was it, I’d be lying.
The truth is I have been drifting aimlessly for the past two weeks.
I am a collection of shit metaphors. A boat with no wind in its sails. A car with no engine.
A chicken with no head?
[I’m also watching the England v Germany match - I can’t BELIEVE that goal was disallowed. STUPID FUCKING REFEREE. Hopefully that’ll at least give the England team a good kick up the arse.]
My rate of loss in the past two weeks has been absolutely embarrassing. From 133lbs on the 14th of June, to 129.8lbs today. Fucking pathetic. A far cry from my usual 0.7/8lbs per day. My previously resolute drive to lose has almost completely escaped me and without it, I am... lost.
I lose therefore I am.
Right now, without my drive I am nothing.
My restricting has been humiliatingly lax – I have been frequently allowing myself whole litre CARTONS of fruit smoothie (very healthy, but 530 cals a piece nonetheless) with not a glimmer of the familiar concern about loss. My portions of hummus have slowly crept up to double, GOD sometimes even fucking triple what they used to be. I pulled out of the Skinny Pact because the calorie bracket was too high for me, what the FUCK happened to the girl who relished a daily intake of under 250 cals and a stomach full of empty? Fuck knows... But do I even notice and attempt to correct the change? Do I bollocks.
[Rooney, it is fucking OPEN. SHOOT YOU BASTARD!]
I have also been eating - FUCK, I’ll call it what it is - I have been BINGING and purging up to FOUR times a day. And regarding it with the same level of ambivalence as I have been my skyrocketing intake. My previously (reasonably) flat stomach is bulging sickeningly over my waistline in a manner I haven’t seen in MONTHS and the sharper line of my jaw has disappeared once more, dulled by the swollen glands in my throat. A result of my apparent newfound habit of jamming my fingers down my throat. Yet, I do not relent.
[3-1 to Germany. What the FUCK are the England defence DOING?! WAKE UP! Stop standing around like idiots! It’s not fucking over until it’s over!]
Frequently I have eaten with the sole intention of purging – hoping and fucking PRAYING that a good purge is just what I need to whip me back into shape, to remind me why it’s all worth it – the way it used to. But it never does and more often than not I am left sobbing quietly on my knees in the toilet as I clean up any evidence of my meal. And over and over I repeat, initially hopeful that THIS time it might be different, but now simply going through the motions. Numb. The heartburn hurts like a bitch, but fuck if I care anymore.
[4-1. FUCK.]
120lbs beckons invitingly. So fucking CLOSE now that I have broken into the 120s, just barely at 129.8, but the surge of inspiration should be overpowering. But instead, I am afraid. I am fucking terrified that when I get to 120lbs, it’s not going to be enough. I remember, it never fucking is. I become so consumed by the need to lose that, as Elle said HERE, appearance takes a back seat, potentially being more attractive at a higher weight becomes irrelevant and it the need for loss is all there is. More frightening still is that I can feel the grip of the numbers squeezing me already – making me doubt that 120 is low enough before I’ve even reached it. A while back I edited my Stats sidebar to include an UGW of 110 without even thinking twice about why. Fuck, I didn’t even think once. Particularly not about the fact that it would put my BMI at a dangerously low (but sickeningly desirable) 15.8.
I want to be beautiful. Not a living skeleton. But now I am unsure if I can even tell the two apart.
[Fuck. NOW it’s over. England are going home.]
Perhaps my loosening will is my subconscious’s way of delaying the inevitable. Or perhaps I am, on some level, aware that I am doing this to myself but am far too entrenched in denial to allow myself to see it. It could even be that the part of me that HATED the way I used to look is satisfied now, but the bigger, stronger, disordered part is unwilling to allow me to stop – not that I even fucking want to. Whatever it is, self loathing is at an all-time high and I am without a plan.
Fuck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
The pressure of these goals I set for myself tend to send me into binge mode.
I will enter anticipated weights into my google calendar.
As the day approaches and I am no-where near that number (never am), I have to recalculate every single fucking number for the following months.
Talk about depressing.
It certainly does not insight motivation. Not even sure what really does anymore.
I know the feeling of "blah" when you make a milestone.
There will always be more challenges ahead... because we continue to create them.
You're NOT a horrible person! Just because you haven't been posting, doesn't make you a bad person. Hell, I haven't been posting either! Don't be so hard on yourself. This happens to all of us. You'll get back on track, I know you will. Believe in yourself!
Oooh this so emulates my state of mind exactly it is freaky. Obviously you know the shit about attractiveness v loss in my head. But over the past few days I too have been binging binging binging, along with a little bit of purging, which I haven't done in weeks. Purged 3 times yesterday :(
I also keep trying to pre-empt binges by eating in the morning-something massively filling like a big bowl of porridge and tea with the idea in ym head that's its not a huge amount of calories to sacrifice for feeling too full to eat anymore (porridge really does fill me fit to busting) but to no avail. I just eat on anyway til I'm busting at the seams. My stomach is so shrunken that it doesn't take much and I look like a famine child. Thin arms and legs with a huge swollen belly.
It is the old adage: If I eat anything I will eat anything.
Couldn't be more true.
The silver lining? Any gain means I can fast again and look forward to losing. I love losing and I win at fasting. I am so messed up.
Text me if you need me. I have no idea where we are headed or what is in store for us but at least we have each other and our sense of humour.
http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/mba/lowres/mban892l.jpg
http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/rjo0527l.jpg
http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/cgo/lowres/cgon373l.jpg
http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/jma/lowres/jman33l.jpg
p.s. that England game was a FUCKING JOKE.
Cheer up, sweets. I know times get tough, but try to keep a look on the positive side. You ARE in the 120s now. Maybe you feel fat because you aren't varying your calories to boost your metabolism? I know I get stuck in a rut sometimes eating the same things or after a big binge.
Stay strong, beautiful, and healthy on your journey. Good Luck :-)
i know how you feel about the lame weightloss, im in seriously the same boat. i've lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks. what the hell?
stay strong, we can do this!
xx
Darling, we could never be annoyed with you and you will always be welcomed back with open arms. I understand where you're coming from. So many times I've sat in front of the mirror at my goal weight - my head screaming that it is enough and my heart saying otherwise. It's a hard, vicious cycle. I can't say anything to make it better, but I can tell you that there are people who feel the way you do. You're not alone in this.
Post a Comment