29/04/2010

I’m Giving Peas a Chance


Hummus is officially my new favourite thing EVER.

Every morning now, a happy little tingle wiggles down my spine – Breakfast time!
 
I carefully measure out my 30g of low-fat hummus – only 52 calories – humming contentedly and licking the spoon, obviously. Chop myself six cucumber batons, a reasonable helping of spring onion and a sprinkling of black pepper.
 
Breakfast of champions
 
AND it prevents the awful heartburn I get if I take my anti-depressants and multivitamins on an empty stomach, you say?
 
Fucking perfection



Zen and Shiloh: Thank you SO much for your feedback! I was feeling particularly rubbish that day and decided to channel it into trying a different and more emotive style of writing as a change from my standard. I’m glad you both liked it :) There’ll probably be a piece like that every now and then, when I’m feeling all inspired and 'tortured writer'

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want some.

zen said...

I LOVE hummus.
Do you actually eat it straight off the spoon or mix that all together? I am trying to picture it.
I like to spread it on a tortilla and wrap it around some lettuce and raw organic mushrooms. Mmm.

xoxo zen

xEllex said...

Oh I'm struggling to read and comment and write, and actually like, REVISE FOR MY FRIGGING FINALS, which should be the main focus, but meh.

I've mean to comment on each of your recent posts but keep not finding the time.

The BBQ sounds horrible. I'm so sorry you went through that. I too get anxious at social situations like that. Last BBQ at my house I literally hid in my room the entire time and didn't come out, nope not even to get a drink or use the toilet. Some advice if you want to avoid binging at social occasions? Go vegetarian, or better yet, vegan. Tell EVERYONE. That way, you can't eat a lot of stuff, without people being like err, what are you doing and you looking like a twat. You have to bring your own stuff, like veggie sausages, which means you can portion it beforehand and not go over. Ok you could still eat shitloads of bread, but I'm imagining you wouldn't, as that would look...wierd.

I'm sorry you felt so low the other day. Your writing was so beautiful. I can totally empathise (with the feeling, not the writing beautifully).

And finally, hummus is awesome. My favourite hummus creation is salad with loadsa stuff in there, crucial ingredients being blanched kale, crumbled falafel, grated carrot and sesame seeds with hummus mixed in instead of a dressing. It binds everything together in such a yummy hummus-y way. Yummus!! Haha genius. xx

xEllex said...

Thank you *blushes* x