Lately my tongue has been harder to hold. My brain/mouth filter is cracking, splintering and failing me. Occasionally I actually say what I’m REALLY thinking and it’s going to get me in trouble...
I think I have a finite quantity of focus.
And right now it’s all used up on believing that I am MEANT to be thin.
So things are... slipping through.
Exhibit A: Discussing fat people.
Right. I think fat people are disgusting. I’m not ashamed of my opinions, but generally it’s something I keep to myself PARTICULARLY as my boyfriend’s mother is... somewhat rotund. And sensitive about it.
In my opinion, they should just put down the fucking cake. Stop having crisps for breakfast. You DO NOT NEED a plate of food heaving with fats and carbs. Its disgusting, the lack of self control that can allow someone to eat and eat and EAT until they reach obesity. I imagine the sweat between a pair of glistening stomach rolls and vomit (water and acid technically) rises in my throat. An obese person sits next to me on the bus and I shift in discomfort, and imagine a certain distinct... smell. Of course, it may not be entirely imagined, the warm damp conditions inside a fat fold are fucking IDEAL to cultivate MOULD (this is actually accurate btw, look it up and shudder in nausea with me).
I understand thyroid problems, glandular problems, retaining water. To a degree. But my initial instinct whenever I encounter an overweight person is to wonder if they REALLY needed the two pizzas they probably had for lunch or to presume they’re just retaining the grease soaked carbs they shovelled in at breakfast that day. And EVERY day for the last fucking DECADE.
Revolting.
But generally I’m pretty awesome at compartmentalising my crazy, biting my tongue, smiling tightly and feigning sympathy for the poor fat fucks.
But no more, apparently.
Extended family meal. Close friend of the family brings up obesity. My mouth opens and the filter is GONE.
Forth spews a stream of disgusted vitriol, and I just can’t seem to STOP myself. Despite the pointed kicks and looks from my boyfriend, my mouth just WON’T STOP. And I can see his mother turning pink over her steaming bowl of syrup sponge and custard, and appearing uncomfortable with the turn of conversation, but still, I do not relent. Under the guise of friendly heated discussion I continue to attempt to hammer home my point, as if I somehow expected her to eventually agree.
Then – PING! Back to reality and I realised exactly what was coming out of my mouth. FUCK! I immediately excused myself before I could do any more damage.
Exhibit B: Baking
My boyfriend’s mother is a baking whiz. And she knows it. She points it out and rubs it in at every available opportunity as if to INTENTIONALLY grate on my last nerve. Generally I pull out the tight smile, phase out her words and nod interestedly until she’s finished explaining in EXCRUCIATING DETAIL with a bright smile how we are wrong and she is, inevitably, right.
Not this time, apparently.
THIS time, I whirl on her furiously and literally SNARL at her to get to the point, before realising my slip, whipping out the tight smile and the wide eyed innocence and hoping to GOD she wasn’t about to reply with an equally sarky comment. Mainly because I wasn’t entirely sure I could hold back the roiling mass of foulness and cruelty I had barely leashed in the back of my mouth.
I would have destroyed her.
She’s too sensitive.
And I can be SO malicious.
But it was fine, I quickly threw out an apology then pulled the confused, yet very convincing ‘Ohmigod, did I just snap at you? I didn’t mean to, I’m SO sorry it came out like that!’
And nothing more was said about it.
Thank fuck.
Exhibit C can be illustrated by just this;
“Are you okay?”
“NO I’M NOT OKAY! ARE YOU FUCKING BLIND!?”
“NO I’M NOT OKAY! ARE YOU FUCKING BLIND!?”
An increasingly common occurrence.
Weird, huh?
Bits of my facade of confident amusement and claims of ‘making my disorder work for me’ are beginning to fall away to expose the screaming, frightened, angry and CRAZY woman beneath. I’m not sure how long I can hold on anymore, sometimes I am literally SHAKING with the effort of not lashing out verbally or even physically over a small annoyance. It appears to be getting worse and I have been referred to a psychiatrist.
Recently, I nearly punched one of my closest friends since I was 12 in the face.
I turned to her after the baking incident, facade sort of back in place and muttered my amusement at requiring psychiatric help, to which she, somewhat callously, replied with something along the lines of; ‘perhaps you should use some of your newfound self control’. And dear GOD I actually found myself straightening my back, squaring my shoulders and realising just how much taller than her I am (while we wear a similar size, she’s six inches shorter than me). I imagined breaking her face. Making her hurt. Making her BLEED*. Just for a second though, then out came my ever present tight smile.
And it was all FINE.
Facade back.
Disaster averted.
I promise I WILL write part 2 of The Backstory soon, but y’know, shit’s still happening :)
Love you guys
*And I’m generally PACIFIST, make love not war, calm down and have a fucking spliff kinda girl

3 comments:
I normally don't comment.. Honestly, I'm too afraid to comment until I lose enough weight, but I wanted to say..
Is it weird if though I'm overweight, I fucking hate fat people too? I mean, I have PCOS and it's a hormonal problem that causes obesity.. But I'm not going to let it rule me. If I eat little enough, I will stop being a fucking statistic, right?
Sorry.. You don't know me, but I thought I'd get that out there. I don't blame you, but yeah. You never know what people have or are doing. Maybe that 170lb chick just lost 100 lbs. Still a ways to go though.
you do realize that you look fat as fuck in your photos, and there's tons of real skinny girls thinking your disgusting too right?
get the fuck over yourself
next time you go to judge somebody just on their weight, remember there's prob. a skinny girl watching you and thinking 'did she really need that pizza for lunch?'
this is coming from a skinny girl who wants to be skinnier, but doesn't judge people if their not
dont expect the world to treat right if your an ass
i was gonna leave you hanging but i figured you really did put effort into a response (you know not everyone does) so i thought id clarify a few things
'fat as fuck' was in response to you writing 'poor fat fucks'
when i stated there's tons of 'real skinny girls thinking your disgusting too right' i wanted to point out that your considered 'fat' (from your pics) b/c in your post you didn't identify yourself as one of those 'poor fat fucks.' with your use of 'they' instead of 'we' i figured you didn't, but in your response you clarified you do.
the 'did she really need that pizza for lunch?' comment was in ref to your statement 'But my initial instinct whenever I encounter an overweight person is to wonder if they REALLY needed the two pizzas they probably had for lunch'
and the comment on your photos was sarcastic (since i was talking about not judging in the other comment)
fat isnt synonymous with disgusting for me as it is for you. i was trying to point out that its wrong to judge people on their size not 'get under your skin'
thought you were another pro ana girl but it seems you really do have an e.d. so you can't see that size doesn't matter
Post a Comment